- Data Controller and its Data Protection Officer
The Controller is:
- Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal data in the context of the website www.germany-simplified.com (“Service”).
When using the Service for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser transmits to our server. If you view our Website, we collect the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request (specific page URL, but not the content of the page as such)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Web page where the user was referred from (“referer”)
- Information about operating system and browser software
- Preferred language setting and screen resolution
This data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Provision of the Website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- Compile aggregated, anonymous usage statistics that serve to improve the Service.
This data may only be personally identifiable via the IP address. Depending on your way of access to the internet, the IP address may be completely anonymous, or your access provider stores the assignment of a dynamic IP address to you. In the latter case, combining the above-mentioned data with that of your access provider can eventually make a connection between you personally and the above-mentioned data. However, we will only initiate this if this is appropriate in individual cases for the purposes of legal prosecution, and we will otherwise only cooperate in this if this is ordered by competent authorities or courts in individual cases.
The legal basis for the provision of the Service in this respect is Performance of Contract. For the other purposes, the legal basis is the Legitimate Interest in keeping the Service and the underlying systems secure, and to improve the usability and performance of the Service. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
The data will be stored until the end of the calendar month following use and then be deleted or anonymized (unless required in individual cases for the purpose of legal prosecution) within two working days.
- User Account
Creation of User Accounts
You may choose to sign up for a User Account. If you sign up and use the Service as a registered user, we collect and process the following personal data of you:
- E-mail address
- Orders, including cart content, timestamp, address, payment method and payment information, withdrawal if applicable.
This data is processed by us for the purpose of providing the Service to you, and prepare the conclusion of contracts. In particular, the base data is required to maintain your user account, and to contact you via e-mail.
This data is processed for Performance of Contract. We will restrict the processing of this data once you delete your user account. Your data will further be stored in order to document your Community participation for the purposes of legal defense, which is a Legitimate Interest, for the duration of three full years, and afterwards be deleted.
In connection with your orders, we process order information, including
- Purchased Products
- Invoice address
- Delivery address
- Payment method
- Payment information
- Delivery / Performance Status
- Any withdrawal
This information will be shared with the provider for your ordered services. This processing is performed on the legal basis of Performance of Contract.
- Information Stored on your Device (Cookies etc.)
When you use the Website, the App or the Community, we use technologies to store information on your device. We refer to these technologies as “Cookies”, while, for the purpose of this Privacy Notice, this also includes functionally similar technologies (e.g. HTML5 storage objects). Our web server supplying the Website and our servers the App (including the Community) connects to can store cookies on your computer or mobile device, respectively. The cookie data are then transmitted back if your computer or mobile device requests information from our servers, so that cookie data can be processed in order to provide the requested information.
If you use the Website, you can inspect the cookies in your internet browser. You can also adjust your browser settings to accept cookies or not. Also, we ask you whether or not you want to accept cookies on our Website (your choice is stored in a cookie).
- Session cookies which are deleted automatically if you close your browser or the App;
- Persistent cookies which remain on your device for a pre-defined period of time.
- identify anonymous users (so you are re-identified, but the information is not connected you personally)
- identify registered users
We do only use first-party cookies, i.e. cookies that are only functional towards our servers (including servers of others that process data on our behalf). We do not use any third-party cookies, including cookies that allow others to track your behavior.
- Contact Form and E-Mail
When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, we will store and process your e-mail address and, if you provide it, your name and telephone number in order to respond to your message.
We will restrict the processing of the data arising in this context after processing is no longer necessary. Your message and our response will further be stored in order to fulfill legal obligations (German trade and tax laws, §§ 257 HGB, 147 AO) for the duration of six full years, and afterwards be deleted.
- Data Transfers (including third-country transfers)
- Ordinary course of internet connections
All Services are based on internet connections. Your data is transferred to us via the internet and vice versa. Also, the data you make public through the Services (e.g. your plant pictures, profile information, Community contributions) are transferred to other users of the service via the Internet. This happens in the course of Performance of Contract. Internet connections are potentially worldwide. Depending on your location, or the locations of other users respectively, data may be transferred to and from countries that have no adequate level of data protection.
- Store Purchases
If you purchase services from providers in the Store, we will forward the order content to the respective provider. The legal basis for this is Performance of Contract.
- Legal Bases
We refer to different legal bases in this Privacy Notice. Such terms refer to certain provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- “Consent” refers to Art 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit a GDPR.
- “Performance of Contract” refers to Art 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit b GDPR.
- “Legal Obligation” refers to Art 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit c GDPR (in conjunction with the legal obligation named for each individual case).
- “Legitimate Interest” refers to Art 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit f GDPR.
- Withdrawal of Consent and Objection to Data Processing
- 10.1.If you have given your Consent to the processing of your data and/or the receipt of marketing e-mails, you can withdraw your Consent at any time with effect for the future. To do this, notify (e.g. by e-mail) the Controller mentioned under 1. above or its data protection officer.
- 10.2.To the extent we base the processing of your personal data on a Legitimate Interest, you may object to the processing. To do this, notify (e.g. by e-mail) the Controller mentioned under 1. above or its data protection officer. If you wish to file such an objection, we kindly ask you to explain the reasons why your interest outweighs ours. In the event of your objection, we will check the situation and either stop or adjust our processing of your data, or point out to you our overriding interest, on the basis of which we will continue our processing.
- Your rights
You are entitled to request from us:
- Access to your personal data (right to information) pursuant to Article 15 GDPR,
- Rectification of any inaccurate personal data pursuant to Article 16 GDPR.
- Erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”) in particular cases in accordance with Article 17 GDPR.
- Restriction of processing your personal data for the period during which a rectification or erasure request is examined, in accordance with Article 18 GDPR.
- To receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for transmission to another controller (right to data portability) in accordance with Article 20 GDPR.
If you wish to exercise one or several of these rights, please notify (e.g. by e-mail) the Controller mentioned under 1. above or its data protection officer.
If you wish to complain about data processing, please notify (e.g. by e-mail) the Controller mentioned under 1. above or its data protection officer.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. This is the Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen (Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for the state of North Rine-Westphalia). If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), you may also choose to file your complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
- Amendments to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is currently valid as of March 10th, 2020. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice.